Through ILRI/DAAD partnership, DAAD is currently offering up to 4 in-region fellowships for postdoctoral training and research at ILRI. DAAD is a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany. The organization promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes. For more information visit www.DAAD.org
- Applicants be nominated by ILRI
- To have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago
- Be nationals of a sub-Saharan African country, excluding Kenyan Nationals
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups will be especially encouraged to participate in the program
DAAD’s funding will consist of
- A monthly living allowance of US$1240
- A monthly research allowance of US$ 125
- A travel allowance: (neighboring country: US$ 620; across regions Africa Sub-Sahara: US$ 1240)
- A lump sum for health insurance of US$ 75 per month
The awards are tenable for three up to six months and are not renewable.
The Application Process
Please complete the attached application form and attach the documents stated below in DUPLICATE. Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Hand-signed Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications.
- Concept note (of at least 5 pages) including full title of the research proposal/project and detailed time and work plan.
- Invitation letter from ILRI.
- A recommendation letter from an academic referee.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate and transcripts (certified as true copies of the original certificate).
Completed applications to be emailed to email@example.com (Joyce Maru, Capacity Strengthening Officer) not later than Friday 13 July 2012.