To foster a long-term sustainable improvement in African food security, the Australian government has increased its investment into Africa via the Africa Food Security Initiative (AFSI). One of the AFSI partnerships is between the Biosciences eastern and central Africa Hub (BecA) Hub and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
The latest program update from AFSI contains partnership and project reports from the BecA (and other) partnerships in AFSI. Activities involving BecA staff profiled in the update include:
- Amaranth in Kenya: Developing a deeper understanding of the constraints and opportunities
- Africa’s first comprehensive field study to understand the spread of African swine fever
- Indigenous mushrooms: Field survey update
- Capacity and action for aflatoxin reduction in East Africa (CAAREA)
- A recipe for success: mapping the domestic Cavies project with communities