Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System (ReSAKSS-ECA) is working on a web based information system for food and input prices of selected ASARECA member countries namely Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia.
The portal provides information in food and input prices at national level and 5 selected market prices. The food and input price information is standardized and archived into a regional data portal and is easily accessible for use by regional research institutions, individual researchers etc. Currently, the portal contains prices of the following staples and inputs from the five countries: Maize, Beans, Rice, Wheat, Teff, Bovine meat, Fresh milk, Fuel – diesel, fertilizer- DAP.
The food and input price trends supports
- Analysis and informed policy-making geared towards reducing the high food and input prices.
- News about trends of food and input prices from the region.
- Provides a regional outlook of the food and input prices
This information is available online http://www.eafpdp.org/ – Eastern Africa Food Prices Data Portal
This data portal is an initiative of the following institutions:
- Ethiopia Development Research Institute (EDRI)
- University of Nairobi (UoN)
- National University of Rwanda (NUR)
- Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC)
- Economic and Social Research Foundation (ESRF)
- Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC)
- Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System (ReSAKSS-ECA) hosted by the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
For more information contact: