Do you aspire to be a more confident and effective leader? Do you want to learn how to better manage diversity and team dynamics? Do you need to master conflict management techniques? If so, the AWARD Women’s Leadership and Management Course is for you.
More than 800 women scientists and other professionals from around the world have benefited from this career-boosting course. It was developed during two decades of work with emerging leaders from international organizations, including the CGIAR centers, the FAO, as well as numerous national organizations of agricultural research and development.
At the end of this learning event, participants will be able to:
- apply information gained from skill and style inventories to strengthen their leadership and managerial effectiveness
- use essential communication skills, feedback, and facilitation to enhance their leadership effectiveness
- build and sustain effective team performance manage interpersonal conflict constructively
- develop strategies to influence and build alliances for gender-responsive policies and practices
- incorporate an increased awareness and understanding of gender implications in personal and professional development
- draw upon a network of colleagues for personal and professional support, guidance, and assistance
- adapt course skills, knowledge, and tools to real work challenges
Women who work for national, regional, and international organizations of agricultural research and development, including their donors and partners, are eligible, pending approval and financial support from their employers. Staff members from the CGIAR Research Programs are especially encouraged to apply.
This course is most suitable for women with supervisory responsibilities, ranging from those with five years of experience to senior professionals, including board members.
Find out more about the course