From 7-10 October 2014, the Humidtropics CGIAR research program will host the first International Conference on Integrated Systems Research.
It will take place at the Conference Center of IITA in Ibadan, Nigeria.
Core questions to be addressed include:
- What is sustainable intensification in the context of smallholder agriculture in the developing world?
- What is systems research and how does it result in or contribute to development outcomes?
- What is the evidence for scientific underpinnings of systems research?
- What role do development partners, farmer organizations and non-governmental agencies play in systems research and its link towards development?
- How practical are R4D (Research for Development) and Innovation Platforms as mechanisms for building and implementing partnerships and participatory approaches for systems research?
- How is gender, including the dimensions of women, men and youth, addressed to optimise effectiveness and efficiency in agricultural systems research for development?
- What are the policy dimensions that are related to sustainable intensification and systems research, and how may these be leveraged to strengthen the development outcomes of research?