The Biosciences eastern and central Africa-International Livestock Research Institute (BecA-ILRI) Hub capacity building program, which is also known as the Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund (ABCF), is seeking applications for short- to medium-term research projects that can be undertaken at the BecA-ILRI Hub in Nairobi, Kenya.
The ABCF operates in the critically important intersection between agricultural research and development (ARD), food security, and individual and institutional capacity building. The program is delivered through i) a visiting scientist program (the ABCF fellowship) targeting scientists and graduate students from African national agricultural research organizations and universities to undertake biosciences research-for-development projects at the BecA-ILRI Hub and ii) annual training workshops to support the acquisition of practical skills in molecular biology, genomics, bioinformatics, laboratory management, laboratory safety, equipment maintenance and scientific writing.
The purpose of the ABCF fellowship program is to develop capacity for agricultural biosciences research in Africa, to support research projects that ultimately contribute towards increasing food and nutritional security and/or food safety in Africa and to facilitate access to the BecA-ILRI Hub facilities by African researchers (and their partners).
We seek applicants with innovative ideas for short to medium term research projects (up to 12 months) aligned with national, regional or continental agricultural development priorities that can be undertaken at the BecA-ILRI Hub.
- For any inquiries or clarifications related to this call, please send email to: w.ekaya (at) cgiar.org. Responses to inquiries/clarifications will close on 27 February 2015 mid-night (East African Time).
- Closing date for applications: 31 March 2015.
- Notification to early applicants will start from 1 March 2015.
- The notification process will be completed by 30 April 2015 (indicative date depending on volume of applications).
- Implementation of projects: projected start time is end May 2015.
To apply for a fellowship, click on the online application link here.